Michaella Thornton, 2020. Photo by Shawn Bell.
Ahoy! My name is Michaella Thornton, but my friends all call me Kella. I'm a lower Midwestern writer who loves exploring language, landscape, and literature. Welcome to my little slice of the web!
The purpose of this site is to showcase my teaching- and writing-related projects. If you have questions or comments about any of the content, please click on the Contact section of this website at any time and drop me a line, or visit me on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
Recent writing (2020-21)
- "My Desire is George Costanza Eating a Sandwich in Bed," The Daily Drunk, January 2021.
- "Altar XII: A Eulogy 18 Years Late," Versification's Day of the Dead series, November 2020
- Kate Chopin for "Literary Landscapes," The New Territory Magazine, October 2020
- "You Think About Gorgons and Rosebushes and Resurrection," Apple in the Dark, September 2020
- "Something Borrowed, Something Blue," Complete Sentence, August 2020